So you think you are eating less sugar?
Staying away from the donuts, the candy and the chocolates.
Eating healthy and avoiding those extra sugars?
Well, what if I told you that you might as well go buy that box of glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts and enjoy them because you are eating that much in excess sugar with your healthy foods.
I have some startling examples of so-called healthy foods that you think are good for you, the equivalent in donuts and amount of sugar you are actually consuming.
Millions of people are on a diet at any given time yet only a fraction of them actually lose any weight.
All of them are eating healthier or so they believe. They are cutting out the sweets, the chocolates, the cookies and instead eating Cliff Bars, Grilled Chicken Salads from Applebee’s or Chili’s and even choosing Heart Smart pasta sauce.
So why are they not able to shed that unwanted fat?
It is because they haven’t dug deep enough into the so-called “healthy” foods that they are eating.
These foods contain one hidden ingredient (the same ingredient we have been trying to avoid) and it is also missing 1 very important nutrient that can shut down that hidden ingredient we keep consuming.
Here are some examples of “healthy” foods that you may be eating and instead could be enjoying a delicious powdered donut.
We will start easy here so your brain doesn’t explode. 🙂
So we are looking at the amount of sugar in the “healthy” foods and comparing it equivalent amounts of sugar you would consume when you eat a powdered donut.
- ¾ cup of Heart Smart traditional spaghetti sauce is equal to 1 powdered donut
- Coleslaw (1 cup) = 1 powdered donut
- Dried fruit (1/4cup) = 1 powdered donut
- Granola (1 cup) = 1.25 powdered donuts
- Caned Creamy Tomato Soup = 1.5 powdered donuts
- 1 serving of Raisin Bran = 1.5 powdered donuts
- Cliff Protein Bar (very popular) = 1.75 powdered donuts
- Fruit on the Bottom Yogurts = 2 powdered donuts
- Pepper BBQ Ribs (restaurant style). These are all protein right and I am avoiding sugar. Well, a full serving of these types of Ribs would equal 2.5 powdered donuts in sugar.
- Applebee’s Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad = 4.5 powdered donuts.
This is just a small sampling of the types of foods we are eating to lose weight, but can’t ever figure out why the scale doesn’t budge. It is these types of “healthy” foods that are hidden with piles of added sugar that our bodies do not need.
Many of the foods I listed above contain upwards of 24gms of sugar and then add in the peanut butter, breads, and oatmeal’s that we eat and we are easily consuming more than we should in added or extra sugars.
This is one of the reasons why we struggle with weight loss.
The other reason is the missing nutrient that I mentioned earlier. That missing nutrient is FIBER.
When we consume enough fiber it takes care of one of the most important jobs when it comes to losing weight. That is to keep our insulin levels from spiking when we eat carbs or sugar which then gets stored as fat.
If we keep the insulin levels low then our bodies continue to transport the sugar and carbs and use it up for energy instead of storing it as fat.
Fiber is the answer to keeping the sugars and carbs moving.
Fiber allows us to use the carbs we need for energy and to fuel our body while keeping the fat storage rush shut down by keeping our insulin levels low.
Fiber doesn’t get enough credit when it comes to you successfully losing weight and fat.
Here is the simplest way to increase your fiber intake and rid yourself of those added sugars.
- Look at your foods labels for a line item called Added Sugars. All food manufacturers now have to list how much did they include in added sugars. Dump the highest listed added sugar foods.
- Pick foods such as lean proteins, whole fresh fruits (not canned), vegetables (consumed raw is even better), unprocessed grains and grains that have higher fiber levels such as black rice. (here is an article on this forbidden rice that everyone should be eating).
- Make a goal on consuming more fiber than you consume in added sugars. If you are consuming 50 grams of added sugar your goal is to consume 51 grams of fiber per day.
Follow these 3 simple tips and the scale will start moving down in a matter of days. Not week, but days. It really is that easy.
Do you know which foods release all 6 of your fat burning hormones?
As you have just read the foods you are eating could be the cause of the weight not coming off as fast as you’d like. These foods you are eating and your liver could also be what is preventing you from releasing all 6 of your fat burning hormones.
If you have brain fog, trouble sleeping at night, weight gain and especially trouble losing weight, then there’s a good chance you are eating the wrong foods for your body shape, damaging your liver and shutting off all of your fat burning hormones.
There’s a free quiz that will tell you which foods you should be eating for your body shape that heals your liver and releases all 6 of your fat burning hormones. I highly encourage you take this quiz and share it with your family and friends…