Here is one of my favorite recipes and we just made this the other night. The prep time for this delicious homemade pizza is only 20 minutes and then cook time is 15 minutes. This homemade pizza should be a part of your healthy eating plans. It tastes delicious and only takes about 35 minutes to make and serve.
1 12 ounce whole-grain pizza crust, such as Boboli
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
6 medium white mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup part skim ricotta
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
2 tsps Balsamic Vinegar
6 oz of chopped chicken, cooked
1. Cook 6oz of chicken and then cut into small chunks.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a large pizza pan or baking sheet on the bottom of the oven to preheat.
3. Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza crust followed by the spinach and onion. Then sprinkle with the mozzarella and mushrooms. Dollop the ricotta over the pizza and sprinkle wiht the parmesan. Spread the chopped chicken over the pizza and finish by drizzling the olive oil all over.
4. Carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza pan or baking sheet that is in the oven. Bake until the crust is puffed and beginning to color at the edges and the cheese is melted. This should take about 10 minutes. Take the pizza out of the oven and then preheat the broiler.
5. Put the pizza back into the oven once the broiler is up to temperature and broil the pizza until the cheese is browned and bubbling. This will only take about 2-3 minutes. Pull the pizza out and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and slice and serve.[color-box color=” customcolorpicker=” rounded=false dropshadow=false]“Are you better off now than you were four years ago? Make the most of today and take action.” Click To Tweet[/color-box]
Makes about 6 servings:
Nutrition facts per serving:
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Enjoy this delicious pizza and make sure it is a part of your healthy eating meal plans.
If you are looking for more delicious recipes and interesting ways to spice up a meal make sure you grab a copy of this free healthy recipe ebook.