Read below to find out a few things about blueberries that I bet you didn’t know.
I have the Top 11 Reasons Why You Should Eat Blueberries at the bottom of this article.
To start blueberries can actually help with your weight loss by lowering your blood sugars and fighting off insulin resistance. I explain why in the video below. They also contain catechins. Catechins found in blueberries can activate your fat-burning genes in the abdominal fat cells.
This will help with weight loss and particularly your belly fat. According to research at Tufts University, if you regularly ingest catechins it can increase abdominal fat loss by 77 percent and double total weight loss.
There are many more reasons why you should be eating blueberries. My 3 year old loves blueberries and not only do I encourage she eat as many as she wants for all the antioxidant benefits, but some research has shown that some of the anthocyanins found in blueberries have antibacterial properties that may help prevent urinary tract infections.
James Joseph, Ph.D, USDA of the Human Nutrition Research Center On Aging also discusses in this video below how in older populations just 1/2 cup of blueberries a day may improve improved motor tasks and improve memory.
Now if you want to grow your own blueberries so that you aren’t constantly going to the store when your child wants more blueberries Ed Laivo shows you what types of blueberries you can grow in your own backyard so that you have blueberries all season long.
Now if you need a little more help with planting, soil types, plant food, etc Tricia is here to show you can start from scratch without a green thumb and end up with bushels of blueberries.
1. Blueberries contain antibacterial properties: Help prevent UTI infections
2. Improve motor tasks
3. Improve memory
4. Catechins found in blueberries activate fat burning genes
5. Phytonutrients help decrease free radical damage linked to aging and wrinkles
6. Proanthocyanidins have the ability to protect parts of the brain that can get damaged from environmental toxins.
7. Phytonutrient Ellagic acid has proven anti-cancer capabilities
8. Quercetin may reduce the likelihood and severity of allergies.
9. Blueberries contain excellent anti-inflammatory agents that help increase heat shock proteins that naturally decrease as we age.
10. Blueberries increase the feel good dopamine chemical in our bodies.
11. Blueberries contains salicylic acid which is the natural version of aspirin.
I am going to leave you with a quick recipe to add to your healthy meal plans: delicious protein packed blueberry pancakes.
I hope this helps you in understanding why we should be consuming blueberries on a regular basis and including it in healthy meal plans for our entire family to benefit from.
Are You Struggling Getting Your Healthy Meal Plans Setup?
Below you can have a free meal plan program. Every meal is laid out for you for 30 days. It includes healthy delicious and easy to make recipes. All meals are simple to make so you aren’t spending hours in the kitchen and you don’t have to be a chef to create these delicious meals. If you can’t lose weight you need to have proper meal planning. Here is your meal planning all laid out for you for the next 30 days.
Grab it now for FREE!